Employers and workers should be aware of the roles and responsibilities of the MOL UAE. In this way, they can have the necessary knowledge on labor issues and how this organization handles these matters. This ensures an adequate general work environment that offers guarantees to all its participants.
In this article, we will show you what the Ministry of Labor is and what its main functions are. In the same way, you will see why it is so important and what services it offers to workers and companies.
What is MOL UAE and What Does it Do?
The Ministry of Labor or MOL UAE is the entity in charge of supervising everything related to the labor sector of the country. In this case, it regulates the workforce of both the public and private sectors in this Middle Eastern country. However, from the beginning of 2016, its name became the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization (MOHRE).
Hence, when you want to access the website of the Ministry, you will have to use the current address mohre.gov.ae. In this way, you will be able to take advantage of the services offered by this essential entity for local and expatriate workers. Furthermore, despite the name change, it continues to offer essential and quality services to its users.
UAE MOL Responsibilities
Foreign workers residing in the Emirates and nationals must be aware of the responsibilities of the Ministry of Labour Dubai. In this way, you will be able to know what processes you can carry out in said ministry, such as consultations and complaints. For example, the responsibilities of the Human Resources section of the MOL have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that workers and employers comply with the provisions of the Federal Labor Law.
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Managing the UAE labor market.
- Development and implementation of policies to stimulate and develop the local labor market.
- Take charge of labor relations.
- Create jobs in the country.
- Increase the productivity of the labor sector
On the other hand, the Emiratization department of the Ministry of Labour UAE is in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Monitor that local companies meet Emiratization criteria.
- Sanction businesses that do not comply with the previous point.
- Emirati nationals regarding the national labor market.
- Prepare programs that help train Emiratis seeking employment in the country.
- Monitor the workforce
- Study the administrative and field aspects of the labor sector of the nation.
Ministry of Labour UAE Initiatives
The MOL UAE has over the years created initiatives to improve all aspects of the labor market. In this way, it seeks to promote and strengthen the labor sector, in turn improving the economy of the Emirates. Likewise, this ministry has established some important policies to support UAE talent.
This is due to the job boom in the Emirates, which has generated the arrival of expatriates displacing locals. In this case, one of the programs that have benefited the locals is TAWTEEN, which is related to Emiratization. In this way, Emirati national workers between 18 and 60 years old can obtain employment in the private sector.
Marks of the Ministry of Labor of the United Arab Emirates
The Ministry of Labour Abu Dhabi and the other emirates offer comprehensive care to workers and entrepreneurs. In this way, it created a series of distinctive brands for the different labor aspects of the country. Therefore, you can find the following services according to the needs of each worker and employer:
- TAWJEEH. In this case, it is the service center offered by the Ministry of Labor to provide information on labor law to employees and employers. Likewise, it is the section in charge of granting contracts and work permits in the country.
- TAQYEEM. This MOL brand provides workers to companies in the UAE.
- TWAFOUQ. To resolve disputes between employees and employers, this brand offers a labour complaint number.
- TASHEEL. The MOHRE authorities make this online system available to workers and employers. In this way, they can easily make payments, transactions, and processes related to the Emirati labor sector.
- TAWSEEL. This service is for those people who cannot go to a government center of the Ministry. It is a fleet of vehicles equipped to serve workers and employers anywhere in the UAE.
- TADBEER. This brand is useful for those people who want to employ domestic workers in the country.
Online Services and How to Make Inquiries at MOL UAE
The MOL UAE applies norms and standards to offer quality services to all components of the workforce of the country. In this way, it offers a large number of services to facilitate transactions and work processes. The following are the most notable of these services:
Through the Ministry of Labour Sharjah and in the other emirates, employers can carry out various processes easily. In this case, the services available to companies from the MOL are the following:
Issue work permits
Employers who wish to obtain work permits must contact the MOL UAE, which is the entity in charge of issuing them. In this case, the employer must present the following documents to the ministry:
- Photograph of the employee on a white background.
- Copy of the passport of the employee (with a minimum validity of 6 months).
- Authorization letter from the authority.
- Academic certificate duly authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the worker.
In addition, the work permit that the employee receives is valid for 2 months from the time of issuance. However, according to a new rule from the Ministry of Internal Affairs, men can obtain this permit sponsored by their spouses.
File complaints about domestic workers
The ministry provides a labour complaint number Dubai to employers of domestic workers in the country. In this case, the complaints have to do with the departure of a domestic worker without prior notice to the employer who hired him or her. Thus, the employer will have to present the following documentation:
- Copy of the passport of the employee
- Copy of the passport of the employer
- Employee citizenship and work visa information
- Original and copy of the Identification issued by the employer
To obtain this service, the employer must go to the General Directorate of Residence and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA). You can also go to one of the Amer centers in Dubai to file a complaint against the employee.
In this case, the employer can make the MOL enquiry UAE and pay any outstanding fines. Employers must submit the necessary documents, including the following:
- Passport copy
- An identification card issued by a GCC investor, resident, or employer
- Employer Emirates ID
Similarly, the Ministry of Labour UAE carries out other tasks related to work, which include the following:
- Make changes and revoke work permits
- Periodically inspect work areas
- Update hiring procedures
- Empower job seekers when obtaining a visa
- Issue and revoke PRO cards, brokerage firm licenses, and temporary contract licenses
In addition to offering various services for employers, MOL also does the same for employees.
Process the Absher Card
Emirati citizens working in the private sector can obtain and renew the Absher card, which is a discount card. If you wish to obtain it, you must comply with the following:
- Become an Emirati citizen
- Possess a worker ID
- Work with the same employer for at least 1 month
- Certify that you have made payment transactions from the Salary Protection System
- Be registered with the General Pensions and Social Security Authority or the Abu Dhabi Pension and Retirement Fund
In addition, the Dubai Ministry of Labor delivers these cards within 7 business days and renews them automatically.
Care related to work accidents
The ministry also guarantees that employees have health insurance from the companies where they work. To do this, they must submit the following documents:
- Contract of the Ministry of Labor
- Medical report to determine the degree of disability
In this case, you will receive a response from the Health Authority within 5 business days. In addition, the Ministry of Labor carries out regular inspections of workplaces, as well as responds to inquiries and investigates complaints.
Likewise, it can process bank guarantee settlements, as well as solve payment problems.
Why MOL UAE Plays a Vital Role in the UAE
The Ministry of Labor is an entity of great relevance in the country for employers and workers. Due to the problems that may arise in the labor sector, you have a for labour complaints toll free number. So, for all participants in the labor sectors, the MOL has an active and important role.
For example, it is the government body that ensures compliance with labor regulations and standards in the UAE. Likewise, it allows workers and companies to make inquiries and have access to various services. These services allow expatriate employees to feel the support of the authorities in any work issue.
Therefore, if you fall into this group of employees, you can make a Ministry of Labour enquiry. Likewise, you can contact the said ministry if you need to make a complaint about any non-compliance by your employer. Likewise, if an employer needs help, such as with Emiratization, they can seek help from the ministry.
Step by Step: How to Lodge a Complaint at the MOL UAE
As we have mentioned, the MOL UAE allows both employers and employees can make complaints. Thus, if any of the parties does not want to reach a friendly solution, the affected party must go to the Ministry. This way you will be able to get advice regarding the situation and what you should do. You must follow the steps below:
- Contact the labor court of the relevant emirate to obtain the information you need
- Contact a lawyer specializing in these matters
- Then, you must go to a TASHEEL center to make the complaint
- Finally, file the complaint against the employer
In this way, the authorities will contact the company and bring the parties together to reach a feasible solution. In this case, if the parties do not reach an agreement, the Ministry of Labor will take the necessary measures to reach an agreement.
Problems that can be resolved with the intervention of the MOL
The MOL UAE receives complaints of various kinds, the most common of which are detailed below:
- Withholding a visa or passport of an employee. Employers cannot withhold any of these documents from the workers of their organization as it is an illegal act. Therefore, if this happens to you, you must go to the MOL so that the authorities force them to return it. However, you must first request the documents from the employer and if they are denied, you must file a complaint.
- Failure to pay salary. Another case where you can contact the MOL through the labour complaint number is if you are not paid your salary. However, you will not receive compensation for your salary if the company you worked for is closed.
- Unjustified dismissal. Employment contracts in the UAE specify valid reasons for dismissal, which you should be aware of. This is because this is one of the most difficult issues to resolve in the country.
Contacting MOL UAE: Making Communication Easy
The Ministry of Labor makes a number and various means of contact available to employers and workers. Below you can see the numbers and means of contact for the Ministry of Labor (currently known as MOHRE):
- Contact number: +970-680-27666
- Helpline: 80060
- Website: www.mohre.gov.ae
- Email: Ask@mohre.gov.ae
- Social networks: @MOHREUAE
In addition, the said Ministry has offices in all the emirates if you prefer to go in person to one of these care centers. The locations are as follows:
- Abu Dhabi: Sultan Bin Zayed
- Dubai: Doha Road.
In the same way, you can find offices in the following locations:
- Al Ain (Abu Dhabi)
- Al Melaiha (Sharjah)
- Dalma (Abu Dhabi )
- Dibba (Sharjah)
- Al Zaid (Sharjah)
- Madinat Zayed (Abu Dhabi )
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Umm Al Quwain
Without a doubt, the MOL UAE is one of the most important institutions in the country for workers and employers. Therefore, it is essential to know what the functions of this relevant body are for the labor sector. To receive more detailed information and request professional services, just contact us.