The government in the UAE is committed to the mission of improving the working conditions of workers. For this reason, five new commitments have been created to safeguard the well-being of employees. The statement was issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization in the UAE and is related to the MOHRE labor contract.
In this article, you will see all the information you need to know about the changes to the UAE labor law. The first thing we are going to show you is the changes regarding the MOHRE labor contract. In addition, we will show you the news related to the annual leaves in UAE.
1. Do you know what are the five changes that employers should consider?
It was observed that the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization of the UAE or MoHRE; reveal five changes to be taken into account by companies regarding the contracts of their employees. Therefore, when they make a job offer they must take into account the following considerations:
- You must use only the contract form that was approved and matches the job offer.
- Additional benefits may be included, even if they are not indicated in the job offer.
- Additional annexes may be added to the employment contract, as long as there is no contradiction with the Labor Law. In addition, there can be no contradiction in the executive regulations and in the ministerial decisions that were implemented.
- You must keep a copy of the employee’s contract and the job offer for a minimum of 2 years from the end of the contractual relationship.
- You must inform employees about their rights and duties by what is established in the contract.
2. Learn about the changes in the annual leave encashment UAE
El Mohre revealed that those employees who must make the annual leave encashment UAE not used; may agree to receive a corresponding cash allowance or may transfer the number of days. Therefore, people thinking about how to calculate annual leave in UAE should keep certain things in mind.
In a publication, MoHRE talked about the labor relations regulation law and its regulations explaining the procedure in two cases. One of the workers remains employed or if he ends his service. In this way, MoHRE said the following:
- The worker may transfer his unused annual vacations or a part of them with a prior agreement with his employer.
- Also, the worker can agree with his company and receive the corresponding allowance in cash.
- When the worker completes his service, he will be paid an allowance that is in cash for the balance of the annual vacations that are legally due.
If you want to use an annual leave calculator it is important that you identify your case and everything mentioned above. In this way, you will know what the requirements are to know exactly about your annual vacation.
In recent years the labor market in the UAE has undergone many changes. For this reason, various changes have been made to the MoHRE labor contract. In this way, the objective of these changes is to regulate the local market and make it more competitive. Consequently, more permanent recruitment is observed in the UAE
You may find that residents are allowed to work part-time outside of their main jobs. In addition, the new rules allow adolescents over the age of 15 to opt for part-time jobs or internships at a private company. However, this can only be done after obtaining permission from the ministry.
The ministry requested private sector companies to rectify the employment contracts with unlimited duration of their employees; to contracts that have a fixed duration. In addition, the ministry has moved the deadline for compliance with this law from February 2023 to January 2024. In this way, companies will have more time to change their contracts.
Thanks to these changes, people who want to apply for work in the UAE may find more favorable conditions. In this way, the UAE has become one of the main points of the world economy. In addition, it offers great opportunities in a wide variety of jobs.
4. Contact KinzaHR and we will help you hire the best employees
The world is updated all the time and this brings many changes. For this reason, as a company, you should be aware of the changes that the MoHRE makes regarding labor contracts. Thus, it is important that you contact us at KinzaHR and have a trusted agency that can help you recruit new employees.
Also, if you want to know more about our services or another topic, you can write to us at +971 43 316 668. Or if you wish, you can send us a message to our email email@example.com.